Surajkund becomes alive with the rhythm and beats of folk dances and riot of colors.
Assam- The Assam vibrant is the theme state for this year Mela.
Surajkund is the annual fair that showcases the finest handlooms, handicrafts, authentic fragrances & flavours of rich Indian cuisines. As winter turns briefly into spring, a caravan of more than 400 National and State awardee craftpersons from every corner of India wind their way to Surajkund. The craftpersons from SAARC Nations are also participating in the Surajkund Crafts Mela. At Surajkund Mela, the artisans' delicate hands create the most beautiful pieces which have fascinated many through ages !
26th Surajkund Crafts Mela offers a lot of Fun, Frolic,Entertainment and exclusive shopping. In the rural ambience, more than 400 craftperson will display and demonstrate their finest crafts work that is set to capture your hearts. The authentic fragrances & flavours of rich Indian cuisines will kindle your taste buds. Tap your feet with the beats of enthralling folk dancers from the various parts of the country.
A fair to cherish and remember..... forever.
Folk Dances by Schools/Colleges at Chaupal daily from 11 a.m. onwards
- The Craftspersons from all over India, SAARC and other neighbouring countries would be selling the best of Handlooms and Handicrafts items.
- Assam the Theme State of this Year Mela is known for rice Granery of India. Best known for monuments,handicrafts, handloom and cusines.
- A number of neihbouring countires would also be participating in this Mela.
- Exporters Meet and Buyers Meet to be held at Surajkund Design Galleries with assistance of the DC Handlooms and DC Handicrafts.
- Food Court with variety of Indian & SAARC countries Food.
- Amusement Zone with playful rides and swings.